Open Space on Open Space (OSonOS) Conferences are gatherings of Open Space Technology practitioners, their clients, curious people, business people, scientists, community activists, and others, all with some interest or experience in Open Space — in and from different places around the world. They are all about Open Space and are held entirely in Open Space.
The 29th Annual World Open Space on Open Space,
our international practice conference, moves next year to
Berlin, Germany, October 18 through 21, 2023. Details next year.
These events date back to the early 1990’s when they were initiated and hosted by OST originator Harrison Owen, outside Washington DC. In the mid-90’s the annual OSonOS began to move around… Toronto, Monterrey, Chicago. In 2000 it went intercontinental… Germany, Canada (western), Australia, Sweden, India, Canada (eastern), Moscow and Ukraine, Taiwan and, and and… it’s still going.
A number of “other” events — local, regional/language, national, international, worldwide — had also sprung up, beginning as early as 2001 in Germany and Haiti, and later on in some other places. Many of these had international attendance, leading many to question the designation of a single, annual, international Open Space on Open Space. The gatherings themselves, however, are very much alive and growing.
If you are the convener of an OSonOS event, please send your gathering and contact information – as plain text, as ready for posting as you can make it – via the Contact page. Thanks!
Past Proceedings from international OSonOS Conferences, with Locations and Lead Hosts
- 28th Bilbao Basque Country, Gentza Eleder Aurtenetxe and friends – proceedings
- 27th Washington DC USA 2019, Barry Owen and Open Space Institute US – proceedings
- 26th Reykjavík, Iceland 2018, Kári Gunnarsson and Ingibjörg Gísladóttir – proceedings (pdf) and HarrisonOwenVideo
- 25th Tainan, Taiwan 2017, Jane Lewis and Sharon Wu
- 24th Manila, Philippines 2016, Sharon Joy Berlin-Chao at SEAMEO INNOTECH – proceedings (pdf)
- 23rd Krakow, Poland 2015, Karolina Iwa – proceedings (pdf)
- 1st Virtual Open Space on Open Space (VOSonOS), World-Around, July 2015, Michael Herman and Lucas Cioffi at vosonos.qiqochat.com | invitation | full proceedings
- 22nd Belgrade, Serbia 2014, Jasmina Nikolic
- 21st St Petersburg, Florida2013 – Suzanne Daigle – https://osius.org/wosonos2013
- 20th London2012 – Phelim McDermott – website (invite+reports)
- 19th Chile – Juan Luis Walker – libro de actas.pdf
- 18th Berlin – Michael M Pannwitz – Proceedings, Action Planning/Next Steps, Commemorative Book and WOSonOS 2010 in Open Space Worldscape
- 17th Taiwan – Gail West – [FlickerPhotos] or Notes
- 16th San Francisco, California USA, Lisa Heft – proceeds.pdf
- 15th Kiev Ukraine, Yana Demenko – Notes.pdf and NextSteps.pdf
- 14th Moscow, Russia, Raffi Aftandelian – proceeds.pdf
- 13th Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada, Judi Richardson – proceeds.pdf
- 12th Goa India, Janet Pinto – proceeds.pdf
- 11th SwenMark (Sweden/Denmark), Thomas Herrmann – Proceeds.OnlineWikiDemo
- 10th Marysville Australia, Brian Bainbridge –proceeds.pdf | ProfessionalVideo | Proceeds.OnlineWikiDemo
- 9th Vancouver Canada, Chris Corrigan and Laurel Doersam – Proceedings.pdf
- 8th Berlin Germany, Michael M Pannwitz – Photos
- 7th Chicago Illinois USA, Michael Herman and Sheila Isakson – Invite | Proceeds.pdf | Photos
- 6th Monterey California USA, PeggyHolman – Proceeds.pdf | Proceeds.htm
- 5th Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Larry Peterson and Birgitt Williams
- Dulles Airport – 1st through 4th Annual Conferences, Harrison Owen
Local, regional and international OSonOS events – archived invites and reports