Board Notes - OSI:USA August 19th
Christine, Doug, Peggy, Lisa, Ed
F2F in November: Seattle:YES
- Nov. 13 to 16th
- Meet and greet Friday evening
- Free homestays
- Who are we, why are we here, what do we really intend to do
- And what are our plans for doing what we intend to do?
- And what arenít we?
- What is the future of OSI/USA and what we want to create?
- DECISION: we will fund what people need to get there, organize details by email, finalize meeting planning next month
- Can Christine list OSI/USA as a coalition partner? YES
- Coalition partner: we would invite OS community to join us, volunteer as conversational host, social networks, technology anchors, media connectors and other roles that will no doubt emerge.
- If we could get our collective act together, all these different communities of practices with 501(c)(3) and put it together, could engage in service of a singular thrust, have a meaningful impact if we all come together. Take action, observable, tangible. A whole lot to increase interest in what we do.
- What criteria if we are asked to endorse?
- Underserved areas
- Leverage efforts
- Infrastructure: existing capacity, network of people, i.e. we are not building capacity, there is an existing capacity
- Where other groups have already made investments. . .
- Who has endorsed the project
- And who is doing it? Known or proven experience?
- BIN what are our criteria? We could further address this on the retreat.
- Although we are called OSI/USA, we are serving OS worldwide, not just USA. Keep in mind.
Office of Public Engagement
- Christine does not see much openness or much broad dialogue.
- Corporate DVD:itís out of the bin. Eldon will get in touch when he is ready
- OSI trainers to underserved
- Girl Scout DVD: Christine would like to work with Gabriel to make that free. We all agreed
IF, as WOSonOS? draws near, AQ sees a specific dollar need, she will come to us.
BIN: We have traditionally held our annual, required by law, member meeting, at WOSonOS?. How do we do our member meeting this year?
NEXT MONTH: September 18th, 10:30 Pacific Time (1:30 East Coast)